The Single Cycle Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery can count on the services offered by the University Library System (ULS) to which the Libraries belong: University Hospital (Policlinico), Central, Annunziata and Papardo. In particular, the "Giovanni Costa" Library of the University Hospital, belonging to the ICS Medicine and Surgery located on the ground floor of the Biologic Tower (Building G), near numerous classrooms dedicated to teaching, is made of:
- n. 9 rooms for a total of n. 114 seats - of which 1 reading / multimedia classroom which has n. 14 computer stations;
- n. 1200 monographs - of which n. 338 texts belonging to the "Pharmacology Fund"; - of which n. 307 texts belonging to the "Francesco Siracusano Fund"
- n. 600 periodicals (paper format).
The Library guarantees users the services and access to the electronic resources of the digital Library (http://antonello.unime.it) consisting of:
- Discovery service (integrated access to all University resources);
- Electronic Periodicals;
- Databases such as Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, SCOPUS, SciFinder Sholar, JStore etc;
- Electronic periodicals packages from the following publishers: American Chemical Society (ACS), American Institute of Physics (AIP), Institute of Physics (IoP), Elsevier- ScienceDirect, Wiley, Nature Weekly, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), distinguished journals such as BMJ (British Medical Journal), countless "Open Access" publications, including biomedical ones , which can be consulted by institutional users (teachers, researchers, PhD students, postgraduates, students, etc ...) both from the workstations available at the Library and from their own portable devices, through the use of the Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) technology available in the structure.
In addition, the Library belongs with its catalog to the National Collective Archive of Periodicals (NCAP), which contains bibliographic descriptions of periodical publications owned by libraries located throughout the national territory;
- provides users, after identification and registration, with the consultation services of the bibliographic material possessed and readable on site;
- offers the local loan and interlibrary loan (ILL) service (see the SBA Service Charter);
- provides its users with the "Document Delivery" service, that is, the supply of reproductions of documents, according to the laws in force on copyright; This service, carried out through the "NILDE" (Network Inter Library Document Exchange) platform, allows you to request and supply articles and book parts to other libraries for free with the commitment of mutual exchange and compensates for the unavailability in publications useful for research or to the thesis writing;
- provides users with consulting, information and bibliographic orientation services (reference);
- with the support of the University Library System, organizes Information Literacy laboratories oriented to the dissemination, education, knowledge and use of the library and its services.
Information relating to the Libraries belonging to the University Library System is available at the link https://www.unime.it/it/ateneo/ufficio-relazioni-con-il-pubblico/orari-b.... In particular, the University Hospital Library (tel. 090 2213692, email: email@example.com) observes the following opening hours for students: from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 to 17.30, Friday from 9.00 at 13.30